Thursday, July 14, 2011

joy.

Last night I went back to my dance studio to take class. I haven't been there to dance since last summer.



The contemporary class is the one I mainly took all throughout high school a few nights a week(besides tap). I was so excited to see everyone, but not terribly excited for the amount of soreness I was going to feel.  The humidity was also probably at 120% meaning I was literally sweating my face off. I also went to ballet class this morning. Yes, Ashley and ballet....I was worried too. I haven't taken ballet since I was hmm 8? It was awesome though. Very standard ballet class...and I didn't do half bad.





 However, now my body is literally screaming at me. The contemporary class lasts about an hour and a half. The first hour is called stretching and strengthening. It is a combination of deep stretches plus abs, some arms and whatever else they wanna throw in for the week. It felt so good, but I knew I would be feeling it later. I need to start stretching more at school.


 It was so nice to come back and dance though. I remembered why I loved to dance so much. When you dance, you can let go of everything. It was also nice to come back and dance as almost a visitor because there was no pressure on me. I wasn't there to impress anybody, I was just there to dance. 
I also absolutely love my teachers. I have known them for most of the life and they have helped shaped the women I am today. 




Something I've learned: Going back to something you once loved just reminds you how much joy it once brought to your life. Be thankful that you can experience that joy again, even if it is just for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment